We welcome the opportunity to introduce you to our unique organization. Polaris Security is one of Maine’s smallest security agencies. We are Maine based contract security company and have the authority to provide security services anywhere in the state. We offer diverse employment opportunities for security professionals as well as those looking to work and gain experience in this exciting field. We are very proud of our success in providing outstanding employment opportunities for both armed and unarmed Security Officers. priority hiring given to those who are available to start training right away.
For questions regarding employment. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (207) 888-7852
The Security Officer should have a proven successful background of independent working and maturity. This position requires working all shifts. Candidates must have strong service skills and eye for detail. Candidates will have to pass a background check. This position reports to the Sergeant, and candidates will need to work independently as well as a team.
- Assure safe, clean environment
- Assisting our clients and residents.
- Following all company and client policies
- Daily communication with Supervisors.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all company and clint policies/service procedures/standards
- Anticipate clients need to respond.
- Promptly acknowledge all guests, residents or vendors, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive clint and associate relations at all times
- Timely resolution of calls/complaints ensuring 100% satisfaction
- Inspect the entire site to ensure all areas are maintained to standards.
- Polaris Security Officers must be kind, respectful and friendly to guests, visitors and other staff, provide excellent services by being courteous and professional and be able to handle difficulties with high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Be punctual and have a good attendance record. Command Staff must approve any time off, in advance.
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance.
- To protect client property from damage and loss.
- To cooperate with your fellow employees by giving assistance as required and to follow all rules and policies relating to yourself, your job, your fellow employees and clients.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ORGANIZATION AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS:
- Communicate clearly with poise, voice control and confidence using correct English and a well-modulated voice.
- Good listening skills and an ability to effectively deal with people.
- Sound personal judgment and specialized knowledge of your site and surrounding area.
- Ability to change easily and frequently from one activity to another such as from typing to greeting people, to searching in logbook, to using a telephone or radio transmitter.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a property management system and a working knowledge of most office equipment, including proficiency with computers,
-We offer some of the flowing
Some Security duties will include
-Patrolling client sites.
-Working independently or as a team.
-Respond to all calls and resolve them quickly.
-The use of camera systems.
-Protects property, customers, clients, visitors and vendors.
-Completes logs and reports on time.
-Working with Law Enforcement.
§9410-A. Security guard qualifications
1. Qualifications to be a security guard. No natural person may be employed as a security guard by a contract security company unless the natural person meets the following minimum requirements: A. Is 18 years of age or older; [PL 1987, c. 170, §12 (NEW).]B. Is a citizen or resident alien of the United States; [PL 1987, c. 170, §12 (NEW).]C. Has not been dishonorably discharged from military service within the last 5 years; [PL 1987, c. 170, §12 (NEW).]D. Has not been convicted of a crime punishable by one year or more of imprisonment or, within the past 5 years, any crime enumerated in section 9412; [PL 1987, c. 170, §12 (NEW).]E. Has not been adjudicated to have committed a juvenile offense involving conduct which, if committed by an adult, is punishable by one year or more of imprisonment or, within the past 5 years, a juvenile offense involving conduct which, if committed by an adult, is a crime enumerated in section 9412; [PL 1987, c. 170, §12 (NEW).]F. Does not have 3 or more convictions for crimes punishable by less than one year of imprisonment within the past 5 years; [PL 2003, c. 12, §1 (AMD).]G. Is not a fugitive from justice; [PL 1987, c. 170, §12 (NEW).]H. Is not a drug user or a person with substance use disorder; [PL 2017, c. 407, Pt. A, §143 (AMD).]I. Is not potentially dangerous to himself or others as the result of a mental disorder; [PL 1987, c. 170, §12 (NEW).]J. Has not had a guardian or conservator appointed for that person pursuant to Title 18-C, Article 5, Part 3 or 4, or if a guardian or conservator has been appointed for that person, the guardianship or conservatorship has been terminated; and [PL 2017, c. 402, Pt. C, §87 (AMD); PL 2019, c. 417, Pt. B, §14 (AFF).]K. At the request of the contract security company, the commissioner or his designee, takes whatever action is required of him by law to allow the contract security company, the commissioner or his designee to obtain from: Hospitals and mental institutions either within or outside the State, limited to records of involuntary commitments; the courts; law enforcement agencies; and the military, information relevant to whether the natural person meets the requirements set forth in paragraphs A to J. [PL 1987, c. 170, §12 (NEW).][PL 2017, c. 402, Pt. C, §87 (AMD); PL 2017, c. 407, Pt. A, §143 (AMD); PL 2019, c. 417, Pt. B, §14 (AFF).]